Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Iron-on patterns

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in news:fca13036-5fc7-4449-966c-
:

On Friday, March 1, 2013 12:25:19 PM UTC-8, Tom Dacon wrote:
I read somewhere, quite a long while ago, that you could take something t

hat you'd printed on a laser printer or an inkjet, place it on a piece of wood, and transfer

the image to the wood by ironing it on with a dry clothes iron. So I tried it both with a laserjet
image and an inkjet image. Ironed away, with no idea of how much heat to use or how long
to do it, and absolutely nothing got transferred to the wood. Anybody know if that actually
works, and if so just how to do it? Yes, I know that you can buy iron-on transfer paper, but
what I remember, or think I remember, is that it would work with just plain paper. Thanks,
Tom

I think they sell special inks for this. See
http://www.alltransfers.com/ or
http://www.inksupply.com/heat_transfer_ink.cfm for instance

Those inks are for use *only* with heat-transfer paper. They will *not* work with plain paper,
which is what Tom is asking about.