Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Iron-on patterns

On 3/1/2013 2:25 PM, Tom Dacon wrote:
I read somewhere, quite a long while ago, that you could take something
that you'd printed on a laser printer or an inkjet, place it on a piece
of wood, and transfer the image to the wood by ironing it on with a dry
clothes iron.

So I tried it both with a laserjet image and an inkjet image. Ironed
away, with no idea of how much heat to use or how long to do it, and
absolutely nothing got transferred to the wood.

Anybody know if that actually works, and if so just how to do it?

Yes, I know that you can buy iron-on transfer paper, but what I
remember, or think I remember, is that it would work with just plain paper.

Thanks,
Tom

I have done it with an inkjet and T-shirt image transfer paper. IIRC
the paper is available from HP and Canon for sure and normally available
at the office supply.

Print the image in "reverse" on the t-shirt transfer paper and then iron
on the t-shirt and or the surface of your choice.