Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Dacon[_6_] Tom Dacon[_6_] is offline

Default Iron-on patterns

I read somewhere, quite a long while ago, that you could take something that
you'd printed on a laser printer or an inkjet, place it on a piece of wood,
and transfer the image to the wood by ironing it on with a dry clothes iron.

So I tried it both with a laserjet image and an inkjet image. Ironed away,
with no idea of how much heat to use or how long to do it, and absolutely
nothing got transferred to the wood.

Anybody know if that actually works, and if so just how to do it?

Yes, I know that you can buy iron-on transfer paper, but what I remember, or
think I remember, is that it would work with just plain paper.

Thanks,
Tom