Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I'm off to buy (another) miter saw

On Mar 1, 1:34*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
I've been waiting anxiously for Harbor Freight's sale (Today, Saturday, and
Sunday) to pick up their new "Double-Bevel," 12-inch sliding miter saw. This
weekend it's only $119.00. (save $510 over comparable Bosch 5312)

The double-bevel deal means that the table rotates 45d left/right AND the
saw itself tilts 45d left and right. Look down at the saw, the blade pivots
to the left/right; look straight at the saw and the blade rotates 45d
clockwise and counter-clockwise.

Oodles of other stuff is on sale: 7-function multimeter for $2.00 is an
example or a 1/4 and 3/8 socket set for $4.00. *Things to stick in the
toolbox for those rare occasions when you run into an unexpected need.

I presume the saw will function as expected. When I get the sucker home, and
set up, I'll report back on any surprises (positive or negative).

If you don't hear from me, you may assume a) No surprises, or b) I'm laid up
in the hospital.

Didn't we just go through this? Do you really think that a $119 HF
saw is "comparable" to a Bosch 5312?

If we compare no other specs, let's just compare warranties: HF: 90
days, Bosch: 1 year. That has to tell you something about the quality
of the tool right there.

Beside, you can get the Bosch for $556.50 on Amazon, with free
shipping. That cuts your "savings" to $437, *if* they were comparable.

When you come back to tell us about your new saw, will it be after a
side-by-side, feature-by-feature comparison with the Bosch?