Posted to uk.d-i-y
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Everlasting boiler - is this snake oil?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:53:29 +0000, Nick wrote:

Some time this year my home will need to have a new boiler. Existing is
nigh on 40 years old and now barely able to cope.
This afternoon I noticed this ad on a webpage.

http://everlastingboilers.co.uk/?gcl...FfLLtAoduzUAqQ

Never heard of them before and have absolutely no connection with the
outfit. Nothing lasts for ever and of course the site makes the most of
the plus points.

Any thoughts or comments please.
Nick.

From a general read through this seems priced to pick up people paying a BG
maintenance contract of £30+ per month for an old suspect boiler and who
have no capital reserves or spare income for a loan.

In that case the price looks quite reasonable - if you can't afford a new
boiler, can't afford another loan and you are already laying out most of
the money then where else can you go?

For anyone who can finance the purchase and fitting of a new boiler (not
via BG) and doesn't feel the need for a maintenance contract from BG then
I can't see how this does cost in.

Buy a good quality combi with a 5 year warranty and that covers most of
your risk.

A lot may be based on the FUD people feel towards heating systems.
Quite a few fear based justifications on the MSE site.

Cheers

Dave R