Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

"dsi1" wrote in message
I'm willing to wait to see who's right. This discussion is over.
BTW, I never said that mass produced objects will be manufactured
with 3D printing. That's an idiotic notion.

Make yourself some artsy door pulls or toothpaste tube rollers or
replacement laptop lid latches with 3D plastic and see how long they
last, especially if they have threaded holes. Those are examples I've
hand-crafted from metal. Things that break and need custom
replacements often were too weak when made from a good, strong
injection molding resin.