Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Lilfe in the slow (repair) lane.

On 2/28/2013 7:47 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:39:11 PM UTC-8, William Sommerwerck wrote:
snip
Such problems do not include remembering to turn on the power.

It doesn't help that our old USB HP deskjet _will_ turn on if off and you send it something to print.

What's more annoying is the Bluray player that turns on the TV and selects the proper input. Seems OK until you want to pause the disc and check something else on the TV. It then ejects the disc. If my family is SO STUPID they don't know you have to turn on a TV before using it and have to select the input they should go read a book. Wait, then they use a Kindle . ARGHHH

Programmers are easily tempted to do things just because they can. I
remember doing the host programming on an early ATM machine. There were
all kind of things you could do to interact with a customer using the
machine, but the bank VP said no, either dispense the money or don't do
it and give a reason. Spoil sport!!!!

Paul