Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:20:34 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:02:00 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:
Yeah, but WTF was he doing working while he recovered? I'd be really
****ed if my doctor was either in extreme pain or doped up while he
worked on me, lemme tell ya. Both reduce your focus by giant amounts.

He was doing follow ups of the last patients he had operated on before
his surgery. Guy was good, very responsible, a very good doctor. And
an Ex Colonel..ex Army doctor.. He did my back twice and we had some
common backgrounds/AOs. He is somewhere in his early 70s now..I dont
know if he is retired or not. He still shows up as connected to
several clinics in Bakersfield.

Oh, that makes a difference. It takes a good man to go through that
for his patients.

He was the guy that cursed me rather soundly in a very military
fashion.... for coming in after my first surgery to get the staples
out of my back...and noticing my leathers and motorcycle helmet on the
table in the corner. Shrug.

Sometimes...people get on the opposite side..and find out what reality
really means.

CONgresscritters should spend a week either homeless or on a normal
man's budget. (I'd really like them to see them even -try- to live on
my income.)

Make em spend a month that way. A week is an "unusual vacation in a
third world nation".

It would be most entertaining, eye opening and very educational.

Yes, wouldn't it? And covert video of each new experience would be
instantly viral, wouldn't it?

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron