Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Everlasting boiler - is this snake oil?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:31:14 -0000, ARW wrote:

http://everlastingboilers.co.uk/product/

"In a world where everything is mass produced by machines, our boiler
is handmade and built to last. Everlasting Boilers are designed with
solid, reliable components made from steel, brass and copper rather
than plastic.

How much plastic is in an ordinary modern boiler? The few I have looked
at seem to be mostly steel, brass and copper, with some aluminium.

The average life expectancy of an ordinary boiler is less than 10 years
but with our system installed you'll have a boiler for life. This not
only means the boiler will last but it will always run as well as the
day it was installed.

What is the connection between the life of an "ordinary boiler" and
"you'll have a boiler for life" and the actual life expecantantcy of
their boiler?

Far too much use of weasel marketing words for my likeing.

--
Cheers
Dave.