Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Tom Gardner wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Has anybody mentioned that "Road Tax" *will* be levied on electricity
for cars? How soon is a guess.

SSHHH!!!!!!!!!! That was supposed to be a surprise when they renew
their tags & have to pay a $5,000 road tax.

There are some pilot programs currently going on in the US where states
are putting GPS on to cars that phones home every once in awhile to see
if it is possible to change road taxes to a miles driven type of thing.
Good luck getting that instituted.

Most people don't beleve that I drive less than 3,000 miles a year.

They don't count teleporting.

You better behave! I'll soon have the range up to 1500 miles, and
I'll pop up there to smack you!

Come for dinner! Bring wine.

Next you'll want to borrow the teleporter to save on your shipping
costs.

Duhh!

And you want to ship a free kitten, with every large order.