Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

"whoyakidding's ghost" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:54:11 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"whoyakidding's ghost" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:33:24 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 26, 10:12 pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
despite
the fact that there is 1/100 the mechanical complexity in an electric
than
in an ICE.

EVs are FAR more complex than an ICE car.
Hybrids even more so, you have two complete power systems inone car.

Yes but EA isn't interested in an actual EV. He thinks there could be
a cheap, full electric, long range, no computer, no airbags,
lightweight, roadworthy car that can also reduce his utility rate and
be so simple that even a proven mental midget could build it.

First, most of what you just said is lying bull****.
I already said the Volt design IS the right design.

NO! You said it's too heavy, has unnecessary computers and airbags,
takes too long to charge, doesn't get good enough mileage for you, the
electricity to power it costs you too much, it can't carry lathes or
cement pallets, lacks hub motors.... **** what's the point of going
on? It probably comes in the wrong colors.

Black is the only dignified color for a car.
All other colors are for housewives and Homeyz....

And of course you are a lying sack of ****.

It just should not be $45K.

I KNOW! They should sell it at an even bigger loss, so that you can
write that it's still too much and should be free unless it's
delivered in 30 minutes.

And yeah, lightweight would help, 2 airbags would suffice, etc.

Hell yeah! The cars, the car companies, society, the government, the
healthcare system, the education system, the highway safety
infrastructure, the energy industry (sorry if I missed any rants
there) ALL need to be redesigned by a crackpot. Once we rip the
overweight transaxle out of our '74 Beetles, and replace it with a
long range battery and an electric motor to create the ultimate 2000
lb car, we can rule the world! Heil Angst!

Yup.
But of course, you missed the much bigger point.

If the gummint were serious about going green, the Volt subsidy should
have
the car net out to no more than $20K.
It would then FLY off the shelves, and eventually support itself

Aha! And there we have it. You'll buy an EV if somebody pays it down
to the level of a Cruze. Except... no you won't!

And YOU..... are calling ME...... a crackpot??
Holy ****.....

If the Honder Fit goes kaput, my next car proly won't be a Volt, much as I'd
like, it'll proly be a Pruis c.
Or, if I can sleuth out more about those 136 mpg Insights, I'd finagle one
of those.

But, Kidding, no kidding, yer good, you can twist ANYTHING into
non-recognition, and you can do it with some amount of style. Props to
you....

I'd keep an eye on the wife tho, cuz I have an idea your style wears thin
after a while -- esp with all the disingenuous twisting, conniving, and,
well, just plain ole lying. Keep on eye on your landscaper, as well.
--
EA