Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:44:14 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:38:34 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Huntress wrote:

If you have CNG fueling stations around, though, you're lucky. If
there are any here, I don't know about them. There's one in Newark
(don't go there on purpose, please...) and another on Staten Island.
(only about 10 miles, but the toll is $12 cash, one-way. No thanks.)

FWIW, Flying J and Pilot are rolling out CNG fueling stations to cater
long haul truckers. If this works, then it might be a catalyst for more.

That would be a good step.

I have read, without being able to evaluate it myself, that setting up
CNG fueling stations is fairly easy. Compressors must be powerful,
though, to get that pipeline gas up to transportation-fuel pressures
at high speed.

Does CNG work in a diesel engine? Or does it require spark plugs?

Gunner

1. Lie