Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_5_] Sjouke Burry[_5_] is offline

Default mold forms on cords, knobs, and tool handles

micky wrote in
:

My shop is in my basement, which has always seemed to be a very dry
floor. However, about 4% of my cords, my spare radio and tv knobs,
and the handles of my tools get a think layer of some sort of mold on
them. It's like a grey dust. (Or some other light color, I forget.)

I wasg them in the dishwasher and they come out clean, but once in the
basement again, after a few months, U notice that the same ones have
mold. And the rest never get mold.

I suppose I could just ignore this, since it doesn't spread, but I
wonder if any of you have ideas. No other part of my house is neat
or clean, but the shop is the most important place, and I'd like it to
be clean.

Thanks.

Dont touch the utils with greasy fingers.
That feeds the mould.