Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:08:29 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:57:57 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Beleive what you want. I spent way too much time in the hospital
bed. I woke after less than four hours sleep tonight. Once I'm awake I
can't get back to sleep because of pain.

I hear ya. I'm no stranger to pain and feel that doctors should have
at least one broken bone or something to familiarize themselves with
it before getting their licenses. I'm very lucky that my injuries to
my back were minimal, but a portion of the pain persists today, 28
years later. Mine was never nearly as bad as yours appears to be.
Tramadol is managing most of mine, but it doesn't cover the muscle
pain well. At least I'm not hooked on opiates.

Condolences on your pain level. It's a true and definite hell.

Ive had (2) back surgeries. My doctor in both cases was Dr James
Johnston. My last back surgery was performed the day before Dr.
Johnston had HIS first back surgery.

We sorta recovered together. During one of the post surgery
visits..to get the staples out in fact...he was standing there with a
rather red face and the staple remover in his hands..trembling. I
asked him.."back bothering you Doc"..as he still had his staples in
place...chuckle.

He looked me in the face and said.."Mark..Ive been a neurosurgeon for
40 yrs...and all this time..I thought you guys were being ****ing
pussies (direct quote) about the "discomfort" after surgery. Now Im
one of you..and Ill never use the term discomfort again. It ****ing
hurts! Im so sorry for thinking that way!

Bravo for the doctor.

We had a guy moment. There I was.., him sitting on the exam table
crying and me patting him on the shoulder and trying to give him
comfort.

Weird, huh?

He had patients to see..and couldnt take all of his pain meds. Like a
lot of his patients who had responsiblities..and couldnt take all of
their pain meds.

Yeah, but WTF was he doing working while he recovered? I'd be really
****ed if my doctor was either in extreme pain or doped up while he
worked on me, lemme tell ya. Both reduce your focus by giant amounts.

Sometimes...people get on the opposite side..and find out what reality
really means.

CONgresscritters should spend a week either homeless or on a normal
man's budget. (I'd really like them to see them even -try- to live on
my income.)

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron