Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic Inverter Microwave

Leif Neland wrote:
Steve Kraus formulerede Monday:
Don't mess around if you don't know what you're doing.

I checked that the magetron filament is not open nor is it shorted go
ground so all things point to the inverter. I may check for bad HV diodes
and a few other things. I found a good resource he

http://www.epanorama.net/sff/Misc/Ap...ens/Panasonic%
20A606Y4A00AP%20Microwave%20Oven.pdf

In the end I will just get another oven. I'm disappointed though at how
few of the mid-size units have a door that simply pulls open. (The broken
unit has this.) Pushing a button to pop the door open may seem a trivial
difference but why go through two motions when you can do one?

Many reasons advocate a pushputton lock.

there's only one, it's cheaper and you can use more plastic.

With a pushbutton lock, you can get more force keeping the door locked.

The pushbutton can turn off the microwaves before the door opens.

If you pull the door open, a door switch have to turn off the
microwaves, and it might be possible to just opening the door a few
millimeters without turning off the oven, so microwaves can escape.

A push on the button can only push the oven "inwards", while a pull in
a handle can pull the oven on the floor, especially when microwave
ovens doors have to be kept closed with a comparatively large force.

Tappan had some good doors. There was a handle you'd pull and a pushbutton
to unlock the door on the handle. The latch was metal and pressing the
button would shut off the microwave and opening the door once it was
unlatched would activate the shorting switch.

The all plastic doors scare me.

It's also interesting the older microwaves had dozens of screws and so
much shielding it was hard to even see inside. I'm suprised the shock from
popping popcorn doesn't blow the doors off new microwave ovens.