Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default The Ante of Design..... and whoyakidding's delusions....

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:

Exactly WHY was the 1974 54 hp beetle good enough then -- and good
enough
for 1/2 the driving world -- but it's **** now?
Can you imagine the mpg of that car, with a decent motor in it? I'm sure
we'd be talking 70 mpg with a pure ICE, and much higher with any
hybridization.

There was a guy a few years ago selling his Honda Insight (hybrid)
on eBay, and he had a picture of the dashboard display, I think it was 86
MPG averaged over the 130,000 miles on the car. This was a stock
production vehicle, although it was obvious he actually knew how to drive
it
for good economy.

Wow.... If it's true.
I was under the impression Honder wadn't doing too well with their
hybrids..... which doesn't mean it wadn't a good car. 86 mpg is right on
the heels of this 100 "MPGe" claimed by all-electrics.

As I mentioned, Prius c devotees are claiming 68 mpg with a light foot.
--
EA

Jon