Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Everlasting boiler - is this snake oil?

In article ,
Nick wrote:
Some time this year my home will need to have a new boiler. Existing is nigh
on 40 years old and now barely able to cope.
This afternoon I noticed this ad on a webpage.

http://everlastingboilers.co.uk/?gcl...FfLLtAoduzUAqQ

Never heard of them before and have absolutely no connection with the
outfit. Nothing lasts for ever and of course the site makes the most of the
plus points.

Any thoughts or comments please.
Nick.

400 quid a year depreciation? That would make the life of a 1200 quid
boiler 3 years. Or an 800 quid one (probably closer to the average) 2
years.

It looks like the sort of figures Dribble used to quote.

I dunno their boiler, but what they're offering is a sort of rental
scheme. Not an everlasting boiler as such. And renting such things has
never made any sense at all.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.