Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] docholliday93@gmail.com is offline

Default LED candle bulbs

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:24:18 PM UTC, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman)

wrote:

snip

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/coll...0801bc698.html

are the things I've been using. DS-SFP-FC8G-ER to be precise. No clue on that

page that I can see as to what they actually are...

I think the sticker on them should warn you that's it's a laser device.
I can't remember if the short-range ones actually say LED on them or
merely that they *don't* say laser.

I think you will find that they do say 'Class 1 Laser Product' somewhere on them - e.g http://www.ciscotransceivers.com/ds-sfp-fc8g-er (described as 100% Cisco compatible, though not an actual Cisco branded product)
If it's a Class 1 laser it doesn't need the yellow laser warning triangular sticker.