Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default LED under-cabinet lighting

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:33:44 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Nitro�" wrote in message

On 26/02/2013 13:57, fred wrote:

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:

Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or

individual lights but must be linkable.

After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with

electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the

linkable fluorescents.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just beware the very flat ones. The ones we have are a ******* to change

bulbs

in. Nothing to grip to rotate them. We have those and GU10s in the

ceiling. Bollix

A lot of these fixings now come with a rubber suction cup

making bulb replacement a doddle.

Forgive my last post.

--

"I'm not the messiah!"

I say you are Lord.

And I should know, I've followed a few !

--

Twitter: @N1tromax

Rubber suction cup not worth a f.all squared. Someone here recommended a rubber kitchen glove and I found that to be the best for the GU10s. The under cabinet lights I was discussing depend on removing the flat round chrome bezel with the translucent cover. Very little there to get a grip on.