Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Han Han is offline

Default US Oil Self-Sufficiency? So much for that lie as MidEast Oil Imports Increase

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

T Boone Pickens wrote:
And you still think that you don't need the XL pipeline from Canada?

Either you have a really bad logistics problem with how your
pipelines run inside the US (and your mid-east oil imports are
increasing as a way to deal with that) or you are stockpiling oil in
preparation for some geo-political crisis (as your current inventory
levels and spread between WTI and Brent would suggest).

Especially since your domestic consumption is declining year after
year since you went into a depression in 2008 and half of you are
either unemployed or on SS disability.

If you've got a better explanation for this, lets here it.

Uh, yeah. We import oil. We refine the imported oil. We sell the
resulting product for a tidy profit.

Most countries in the world don't have ANY refining capability, so
they depend on us - and others - for driving their cars or heating
their homes.

Right. Most refineries are near ports (for imported oil). See
Rotterdam.
http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies...n/pubs/images/
ShellPernisRefinery_lg.jpg

--