Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On 2/26/2013 10:56 PM, harry wrote:
On Feb 26, 6:19 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 2/26/2013 9:58 AM, harry wrote:

On Feb 26, 5:23 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
harry wrote:

On Feb 26, 12:15 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Attila Iskander wrote:

But that comment again demonstrates how provincial harry's mindset is.
Obviously what works around him has to work just as well ALL OVER the world
It's a holdover from the times when Euros imagined they controlled and were
superior to the rest of the world

Their egos have always outreached their grasp.

True more of the USA than Europe.

The US has never started a world war, but you have two under your
belts. Does: "The sun will never set on the British Empire!" ring any
bells in your tiny belfry? How about your slave trade, where you limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected carcasses out in that
little spat where a handful of farm boys kicked the **** out of "The
best army in the world"?

You don't know your history.

We do. Brit historical revisionism is funny.

We were having a problem with the French.
When we sorted them out we came back and burned down the white house
and chase you across America.

The War of 1812, a minor conflict of the Napoleonic wars, was not a
victory for either side.

The US started a war with Japan. You cut off their oil resources.

The US did not start a war with Japan. There's that silly Brit
revisionism again.

The US armed forces have never won a war since WW2.

Wrong. The US prevailed militarily in Iraq twice, and in several minor
conflicts. The Brits would have lost in the Falklands if not for the US.

Various forms of gooks beat them all round the world regardless of all
the technology.

The sun did set on the Brit empire, in no small part due to US.

And we have started many "world" wars, all against tyrants.

No Brit war ever was started to fight tyranny.

I can see you're another uneducated Yank.

You're wrong again.

You have not won in Iraq (or Afghanistan.)

We won in Iraq. Twice. Not in rational dispute. Afghanistan looks
bad, but it's not a military defeat; it's a political defeat. The US
has never been militarily defeated. We've gotten into some stupid wars
and lost politically, but never militarily. Not so the Brits.

They have defeated you.

No.

The USA did not exist while we fought European tyrants.

You've never fought European tyrants to fight tyranny.

You lost your empire - pure and simple. You didn't want to lose it, but
you did.