Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen floating floor installation

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:27:38 -0800 (PST), finiteguy
wrote:

The subfloor, is old tounge and groove pine or oak but its covered with the first coat of linoleum that is presumably all stuck down with glue on the entire floor area.

See if it is glued down. Go from there. Try not to presume it is glued
until you check for certain.

I realize that my surfave has to be pretty smooth and flat for the job to come out decent.

Interlocking flooring can be terrible trying to install. Some actually
resembles "cardboard", damaged edges from the box. Difficult to "snap"
a tight fit.

I would seriously consider going with a T&G type over the snap-lock
material.

Some new vinyl flooring can be installed with double-sided tape --
provided the substrate is well prepared.