Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default US Oil Self-Sufficiency? So much for that lie as MidEast Oil Imports Increase

T Boone Pickens wrote:
And you still think that you don't need the XL pipeline from Canada?

Either you have a really bad logistics problem with how your pipelines
run inside the US (and your mid-east oil imports are increasing as a
way to deal with that) or you are stockpiling oil in preparation for
some geo-political crisis (as your current inventory levels and spread
between WTI and Brent would suggest).

Especially since your domestic consumption is declining year after
year since you went into a depression in 2008 and half of you are
either unemployed or on SS disability.

If you've got a better explanation for this, lets here it.

Uh, yeah. We import oil. We refine the imported oil. We sell the resulting
product for a tidy profit.

Most countries in the world don't have ANY refining capability, so they
depend on us - and others - for driving their cars or heating their homes.