Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default How much extra HP from burning nitro?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:57:08 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:27:41 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

I had a six-footer from Edmund Scientific. Was that it? Glue sticks
were easier. g

They had a catalog filled with cool ****

Pretty sure the printed version still is available, even...

http://www.scientificsonline.com/cat...ult/?q=balloon

Jeez, all those toys....

No hot-air tissue balloons like the ones they used to sell, though.
And the prices are pretty steep.

When I was a teen I made 'em out of those plastic bags the dry cleaners
send your suits home in ... but I always had a problem with getting enough
heat . I was using candles , and that just wasn't enough .

Sterno worked well enough.

As did the filling of the bag with the gas emitted from Draino and
Water with a bit of aluminum foil in the bottle. A fuze for a counter
weight always made a fun addition and far safer than a heat supply of
Sterno.

Gunner

1. Lie