Mal

Default Bulbs blowing (again).

Hi all,
I know there are various threads in here about the frequency with
which bulbs blow, but I've got a query with a slightly different
slant.

On our upstairs landing we have 2 lights, which are both on the same
switch circuit, the bulbs in one of the fittings blows regularly
(every 3-4 months), whereas the other fitting hasn't had a bulb blow
in years. We have changed the bulb in the 'good' fitting for a
flourescent bulb some time ago, we also swapped the bulb in the 'duff'
fitting at the same time - we've had normal and flourescent bulbs go
in this fitting. Last time a bulb went I checked the wiring for loose
connections and didn't find anything, I've just had another one go and
went and tightened up all the connections again but didn't see
anything out of the ordinary. The 'duff' fitting is wired straight
into the connector block of the ceiling rose in the 'good' fitting.
There is nothing in the location of the lights which could explain the
problems (i.e. neither are subject to draughts, knocks, excess heat
etc). Both lights are left on most of the night.

Anyone got any ideas?

M: