Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Blind kitchen corner storage???

On 2/26/2013 9:55 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/26/2013 9:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

in short, I, personally, have yet to see a suitable, satisfying solution
to a true "blind corner cabinet" situation that will stand the test of
time, particularly with regard to the hardware reliability.

Meant to reiterate that, IME, it all boils down to hardware, both its
availability, and reliability over time.

I have a lot of good ideas on custom made blind corner cabinet
solutions, but finding the hardware to effect them, and then
incorporating that hardware into a design has always proven to not be a
cost effective solution for my, or a client's purposes.

If cost were of no concern, that may not be the case.

Basically agree fully...it was just a passing query that seemed worth a
post while waiting to go shovel blizzard (minor, nothing major) from the
haymow before it all melts and makes a mess below. Unfortunately, the
wind blows even a small amount of actual snow everywhere in that old
thing...

On the commercial lazy susan hardware--agree they're mostly junk or
ridiculously expensive if not. We (Dad and I) built one for the base
cabinets here when he was redoing the old farm house. It uses a set of
Krause oneway thrust bearings on 2" (iirc) pipe and will support several
hundred pounds w/ no slop. It's been 30+ yr and is still as solid as
originally built and will be for another 30 at least.

I doubt if elder son will ever do anything, anyway, in reality.