Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Blind kitchen corner storage???

On 2/26/2013 9:28 AM, dpb wrote:
Elder son called yesterday and posed a ?? -- I have a couple of ideas
but they're I think excessively complicated so throw this out for Karl,
whoever...

Upper kitchen cabinets in his house were built in place w/ one wall a
set of straight-line cabinets and the 90-degree wall then butted against
the face of these. The first cabinet is then open to the end wall while
the second is closed at the face of the first. This, of course, creates
a sizable area in the corner that is very difficult to use.

Son's idea/request was for a mechanism that if cut out the bottom of the
hidden area could drop a set of shelves down for access then lift it
back up -- his request was for suitable hardware design to latch and
more importantly, allow the movement w/ support so would be more-or-less
balanced w/ varying weight.

Swingman/nailshooter; you'se guys ever seen anything for same? I've not
been in the kitchen recently enough that have paid sufficient attention
to the details to know for certain about construction but my initial
thought was to simply open up the end panel of the other cabinet--at
least gives access from both directions that way...

Anyway, the deep square corner is routine issue; any other newer/novel
solutions to help anybody has? (In my day I used to put in a 45 short
section between and cut off the backs w/ false back so while lost some
absolute footage in general it wasn't useful anyway but could reach the
are that did...)

--

In my Vast Experience{ : ) }, I have seen Lazy-Susans that spin into
the area which is inconvenient to access. You can even build a sturdy

Bill