Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Toshiba VCR restoration help needed - Toterack

wrote in message
Hi all,

I have replaced the belts inside the Toshiba VCR, (it's about 15 yrs old)
and got the mechanics working to load and eject the tape. However, it won't
play the tape. Makes a noise for four seconds then shuts off. I've been
reading around the www to find out what might need attention and so far
haven't found out too much. I'm thinking it might be one of the rollers
sticking but they all seem to spin nicely.
Anybody want to take a stab at this? Comments? Advise?
thanks

+++++

Under supply or take-up or both spools, slotted opto device that is dirty or
malfunction?
With dummy "eviscerated" cassettte in place and pressing play , manually
turning supply or takeup spool should keep the deck in play mode

..