tarquinlinbin

Default Sludge!

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:47:39 -0000, "James"
wrote:

The problem is how do you find a competent installer, given that this is not
ensured by CORGI registration?

There are some very helpful, thoughtful and professional installers in this
newsgroup, who you could rely on. But many of us live in areas where we
simply have to depend on the yellow pages - or recommendations from friends
who probably do not appreciate the quality or otherwise of their
installations.

James

Indeed,and its not just gas cahaps James,ive been trying for months to
engage a joiner to fit 10 new doors in my home.. I havent the time or
inclination to do it myself. Its over £1000 worth of work but none of
the joiners i have contacted have got back to me and i dont expect
them to.

This is what happens when trades,engineering and science are devalued
in favour of services and finance.

---