Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Tim Pullen's sustainable building books

On Feb 26, 8:56*am, Fred wrote:
Hi,

Some years ago I went to a show about building your own house. I
wasn't in a position to build my own but went out of curiosity. A chap
called Tim Pullen was there talking about sustainable building. Don't
worry, it's not as bad as it sounds - it's not all about windmills

Some of the things he was talking about were insulating with celotex
ground source heat pumps and under floor heating, etc. which don't
seem that daft.

At the time he was pushing his book, "Simply Sustainable Homes" but I
never got round to buying it. Looking at Amazon it was published in
2008, so I think that a lot of it could be out of date now.

Amazon shows another book called "The Sustainable Building Bible" that
he wrote in 2011. Has anyone read either of these? Is the 2011 book a
reworking of the first, is it the second edition under a different
name, or is it very different? I suppose what I am asking is has
anyone read both and is it work reading both or just the latest one?
There are no reviews for the second title on Amazon.

TIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive...uilding_design
http://www.greenbooks.co.uk/Subject/2/ECOBUILDING.html
http://www.greenbuildingpress.co.uk/

Quite a few such houses have been built/converted.
I have such a house.