Posted to uk.d-i-y
usenet2012 usenet2012 is offline

Default how to build a wooden frame for a felted apex roof to put over my leaking concrete flat-roof

In message , GB
writes
On 26/02/2013 08:34, usenet2012 wrote:

What's the best ways of going about it? Where could I find some plans?

A ---- Can you use that as a plan?

LoL. I think I need a just leettle more detail about the joints...

Seriously, I think that your biggest issue is making sure that the new
roof is sealed round the edges, so as to keep the rain out and is
adequately ventilated. That's assuming there is a parapet round the
flat roof. If no parapet, just make sure there are adequate eaves with
guttering.

The existing damned thing is made of re-enforced stony cracking concrete
- spit! It does have overhangs on all four edges though so I'm thinking
I'd build an underhanging overlap (IYSWIM) to secure it. Ventilation -
to stop the timber rotting under the felt? Hmmm, vents at the (errrm)
gable ends?

I detest flat roofs. They are never built with enough slope to ensure
that the water runs off, rather than pools. I have no idea why not.

This was built with no slope at all. Superb!

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.