Posted to alt.home.repair
Coleman[_2_] Coleman[_2_] is offline

Default Toilet leaking through porcelain seals

About four months ago I installed a new toilet with a super reinforced wax ring. Yesterday, I noticed it was leaking from underneath through the grout around the base. I pulled up the toilet, put on a new wax ring and set it back down. After bolting it down, I decided to let the toilet run to see what would happen. Thirty minutes, nothing, 45 minutes, nothing, an hour.. bingo - more water was leaking from the =front= of the toilet.

I pulled up the toilet and after flipping it on its side, I noticed that it was very wet up inside under the front of the bowl where the water gets pushed through from the tank. There are a few areas in there where Kholer brushed on some glazing, I guess to reinforce or seal up some holes, but it must be leaking from those areas. I can't find any other reason why the toilet would be wet up inside of that cavity.

Has anyone else come across this? Now I need to buy another toilet tomorrow and call Kholer. Not sure what they'll do about this, but I'm curious if anyone here has ever heard of something like this.

Thanks!