Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] erness.wild@gmail.com is offline

Default Toshiba VCR restoration help needed - Toterack

On Monday, February 25, 2013 4:29:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, February 25, 2013 3:26:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Hi all,

I have replaced the belts inside the Toshiba VCR, (it's about 15 yrs old)

and got the mechanics working to load and eject the tape. However, it won't play the tape. Makes a noise for four seconds then shuts off. I've been reading around the www to find out what might need attention and so far haven't found out too much. I'm thinking it might be one of the rollers sticking but they all seem to spin nicely.

Anybody want to take a stab at this? Comments? Advise?

thanks

.

Try inserting a tape, wait until it loads, then lift up the vcr, hopefully you still have the access plate off, and gently move the largest cog wheel back and forth. This should free up a jammed mechanism and the movie should play. Let the vcr down gently. If you haven't replaced the belts with ones of the same size, this won't work.

Hey, thanks. It worked. Plugged in the tv and picture and sound is good. How did you know how to do that?
The mechanism was jammed from all my mucking about I guess.
Thanks again.