Posted to rec.woodworking

Default First aid wake-up call

Dave wrote:

Yup, it could have been worse. Guess you're going to have to take
your
preparedness a little further. I keep a first aid kit too, but I know
mine's been opened because the first thing I did when I got it was to
add a few things like tweezers for splinters, better scissors for
cutting bandages and stuff like that.

A fellow boat builder up in Portland is also an ER Doc.

His take on most first aid kits is they are very much an
over priced collection of band aids.

He is very much in favor of assembling your own kit which
should include a bottle of betadine to sterilize open wounds,
tools, gauze pads and tape.

Lew