Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Proper way to pipe NG for outdoor BBQ

Mikepier wrote:
The previous owner in my house had put a BBQ on the rear deck. The
BBQ is permanantly secured to the deck, and it is fed as follows: in
the basement there is black pipe fed to just outside the house under
the deck. At that point it changes to flexible copper pipe (3/8" I
think) and fed directly to the BBQ.
Is this the proper way to pipe for a BBQ? I am finishing my basement
and closing the walls, and I need to relocate the line and shut off
valve to a more accessible area in the basement like the laundry room.
And since I need to take the piping apart, I want to know if I can use
the same set up, or should it be done a different way.

Also since the copper pipe under the deck has a lot of extra slack,
can I make the copper-to-black pipe connection inside the house rather
than outside under the deck, assuming I can use copper?

Thye best person to ask is your local plumbing inspector, since he is the best
to know what he will approve.