Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Second Ammendment Question

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:55:56 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 2/25/2013 2:07 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Why do you worry about these weird hypotheticals, Richard? Do you
believe there's really a chance it would happen?

While we were on the path to doing something like that, don't you
think you'd recognize it and do something before it happened? Don't
you think half the country would?

First question:

Yes, Ed. I do.

And who would do this? Chris's "foreign-born Muslim President"?

I've always thought he lives in a different country. Now I'm sure.
d8-)

And not a hypothetical remote chance either.
A very real and frightening agenda in the making.
(But then I'm nutz, remember?)

Parnoia strikes deep.

Second question:

What else is this discussion about?

I thought it was about a host of proposed gun laws, including
background checks, registration, preventing straw purchases, etc.

How far does it have to go before it would be time to act?

Some of the nutz are ready to "act" right now. Or they would be, if
they weren't blustering, big-mouth cowards.

They appear to have a problem with living in a representative
democracy in which all kinds of things are proposed, but few are
enacted into law.

How far does it have to go before it's too late to act?

When a proposal to ban guns looks like it has a chance to pass the
House, the Sentate, and the President, and when the Supreme Court
looks like it will go along, then prime your pan.

Meantime, I keep loading .45 ACP, in case the Mormons attack. d8-)

Don't worry so much, Richard. I have to go now, because my
book-editing project just started coming in. I'll be up to my
eyeballs.

--
Ed Huntress