Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Asparagus soup recipe

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 00:06:42 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

If I need chicken flavoring in a hurry I figured
out a way to make some. Cut up very fine or grind some chicken. About
an ounce. Cook until really brown in a little olive oil. Then grind
the cooked, crisp chicken in a mortar and pestle until basically oily
chicken dust. This will strongly flavor about 1 cup of water or milk
for gravy or some bechamel for a chicken pie.

And only takes an hour to make! g
More like 15 minutes. Less time for me than going to the store.

I keep both Beef & Chicken broth in the pantry and buy them a dozen
cans at a time. I can't remember the last time I ran to the store for a
single item.

Do you offer classes? Id be happy to send my wife and DIL

No, but I can reccomend the 'School of Hard Knocks'.

I buy most non perishables by the tray, or carton. I asked the
manager of Save-A-Lot to order extras for me, so I can get unopened bulk
items like an eight pack of soda in two liter bottles. I shop at Sam's
Club about once a month, and generally only go shopping two or three
times a month. I save a lot of miles on the old truck that way. My rule
of thumb is, 'If something is down to half the bulk package, get
another.' A few are allowed to go down to a quarter, but they are large
or not used as often.