Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_registration.html

Even in the United States, registration has been used to outlaw and
confiscate firearms. In New York City, a registration system enacted in 1967
for long guns, was used in the early 1990s to confiscate lawfully owned
semiautomatic rifles and shotguns. (Same source as previous paragraph) The
New York City Council banned firearms that had been classified by the city
as "assault weapons." This was done despite the testimony of Police
Commissioner Lee Brown that no registered "assault weapon" had been used in
a violent crime in the city. The 2,340 New Yorkers who had registered their
firearms were notified that these firearms had to be surrendered, rendered
inoperable, or taken out of the city. (NRA/ILA Fact Sheet: Firearms
Registration: New York City's Lesson)

More recently, California revoked a grace period for the registration of
certain rifles (SKS Sporters) and declared that any such weapons registered
during that period were illegal. (California Penal Code, Chapter 2.3,
Roberti-Ross Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 section 12281(f) ) In
addition, California has prohibited certain semi-automatic long-rifles and
pistols. Those guns currently owned, must be registered, and upon the death
of the owner, either surrendered or moved out of state. (FAQ #13 from the
California DOJ Firearms Division Page)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

License people to own guns but registration will lead to
confiscation! If you don't see that it's because you refuse to.

I don't "see" it because I don't see it. Do you see it? Where do you
see it?

How about NYC? No? Hmmm...

It may be, somewhere, but all I've seen is the movies that run in the
heads of paranoid gun nutz.

--
Ed Huntress