Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default [OT] Second Ammendment Question

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:39:06 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 02:40:34 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:14:16 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:11:06 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:27:24 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 2/23/2013 1:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 01:26:26 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:30:59 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

The largest single
source today, though, says the FBI, is straw purchases.

So how do you stop straw purchases?

Hummmm?

Registration?

Registration and laws requiring (1) securing guns at home and (2)
reporting thefts.

That's the only thing I've heard of that sounds reasonable to me. How
effective it would be would depend on how well it was enforced, the
first requirement for which is an easily accessible database of last
legal owners. Do you have a better idea?

House-to house inspection of gun storage?

How about inspection AFTER your firestick is recovered at a crime
scene, and they ask you what you did to secure it? And if you didn't
secure it, you pay a hefty fine or, if you're a repeat strawman
purchaser, jail.

What part of being a victim is prosecutable?

You're idea of a victim apparently is someone who drives at night with
his tail lights out, who then gets hit in the rear.

Your idea of a non victim is someone who has her jewelry stolen from
her jewelry box in her bedroom by a burglar.

That's what I mean by responsibility. Her responsibility for her
jewelry extends only to herself. Our responsibility to keep guns out
of the hands of criminals extends to all of us.

Do you have issues with behaving responsibly? Wait, don't answer
that...g

Depends on what "behaving responsibly" means. According to a
Leftwinger..not keeping ones weapons in a concrete block is
irresponsible.

According to many of us Red Staters... keeping a loaded rifle behind
the front door is responsible.

While you leave the front door open so the chickens can get in and
out. (Now, don't start with the "elitist" crap; that was a joke.)

You takes your choice, Eddy.

Until your choice impinges on everyone else.

It would be nice if we could do that. And while you're at home, it
makes sense. When you're not, it sounds like an invitation.

--
Ed Huntress