Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:00:26 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:25:50 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

It doesn't take much planning to avoid such situations.

It takes foreknowledge of places you've never been before.

Enough smarts to not get overextended.

That is your mistaken ass.umption, troll.

The bike's range was about 150 miles and I had ~30 left, plenty to
look for gas in town but not enough to risk finding any on the highway
late on Sunday night. I've always recorded every gas purchase and
tracked the MPG and remaining range.

I'm just warning not to assume the tourist areas you visit will have
the same 24-hour service as the more densely populated place you live.
jsw