Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default First aid wake-up call

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:25:53 -0800, Zz Yzx
wrote:

I keep a first aid kit handy in the shop. It's a plastic case with 10
or so boxes inside. The boxes hold the usual stuff: gauze, triangular
bandage, bandage compress, tape. &tc. Each box ix securely wrapped in
sturdy plastic.

This morning my daughter put a nasty cut on her finger. It wasn't
deep but it was bleeding profusely.

I pulled out the box with the bandage compress and went to open it.
The damn plastic cover on the box was so sturdy that I couldn't tear
it open or split it at the seams wit my hands. I used a razor knife.

If I had a shop accident in which I cut my hand or fingers, I don't
think I wouldv'e been able to open the damn box. The thought of
bleeding out with an unopened compress in my hand kinna' spooks me.

-Zz

Being an electrician I've always done well with Paper Towels and
electrical tape. To renew our license we have to have 24 CEU. One 4
hr. class is First Aid so you have a valid First Aid card on the job.
The paramedic who teaches it always recommends adding Kotex to your
emergency kit as it makes a great compress.

Mike M