Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:00:26 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:25:50 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message

Why would any sane person buy a limited range car? That's *nuts*.

They are -all- limited unless you find an open gas station. I
quickly
became aware of that when driving through the mountains on a
motorcycle, and then during the Carter gasoline f**kup.

It doesn't take much planning to avoid such situations.

It takes foreknowledge of places you've never been before.

Enough smarts to not get overextended.

Since retiring I hardly go through 5 gallons a month, mostly for
grocery shopping. I could use a second cheap vehicle with a 10 mile
range as long as it has a good cargo capacity.

...and you are how big of a market? You never go on a vacation or
anywhere?

Boomer retirees aren't a market?

No, not rocking char bound boomers. I have no great wants to be a
homebody when I retire (did it once, didn't like it).