Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

wrote in message

Why would any sane person buy a limited range car? That's *nuts*.

They are -all- limited unless you find an open gas station. I quickly
became aware of that when driving through the mountains on a
motorcycle, and then during the Carter gasoline f**kup.

I was used to having 24-hour gas stations but couldn't find any out in
the country away from 24-hour jobs, like hospitals.

Since retiring I hardly go through 5 gallons a month, mostly for
grocery shopping. I could use a second cheap vehicle with a 10 mile
range as long as it has a good cargo capacity.