Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:26:15 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 11:01:17 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

But a golf cart saves many hundreds of dollars a year by not requiring
registration and insurance, which can destroy the savings potential of
having a second limited-range electric car. They solve a problem that
is social rather than a technical.

I have a golf cart but I can't drive it on the road without tags and
insurance (plus having all the street legal equipment).
There may be places with cart paths to shopping but that is a rare
place. I break the law, just driving around the neighborhood and the
cops usually let us get away with it but actually getting up on the
county roads would get me arrested.

AIUI, in Alabama they're legal on any road posted under 35MPH. Don't
know about insurance or tags. Only half the drivers have insurance
anyway. :-(

In the city I was referring to above (Peachtree City, GA), there are
cart paths and bridges that bypass all of the major highways and they
are street legal on other roads. Again, I don't know about insurance
but there is a city registration for them.