Posted to alt.home.repair

Default vacuum principle question

On 2/24/13 2:15 PM, micky wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:16:06 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I want to rig up a vacuum to pick up hard objects, like pecans. They
obviously cannot pass through the vanes of the motor. I want them to dump

Only upright vacuums have the rotor vanes before the catch bag or
barrel. Canister vacs and shop vacs have them afterwards. Check out
the individual vacumm becaue there might be exceptions to my rule.

into a hopper after going past a screener to remove husks, rocks, dirt, and
leaves. I want only the nuts to come out.

Anyone have any experience making a rig like this, or have an idea how to

I'm sure nut companies do.

I'm guessin' they buy their equipment from companies like
Cyclonaire. Grain vacs apparently operate on the same principle.
They actually can push the product a lot farther with positive pressure
than pull it with negative pressure.

arrange the plumbing parts to do this?

Steve