Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Op-Amp Substitution

In any case, I will purchase a couple of sockets and drop in the jfet
units that I have and report back.

** FFS purchase a couple of NE5532s as well.

These are low noise, low impedance devices and the LF356 is not.

For the record, during my research into this a little bit, the JRC5023 was
pretty much reviled by those who favor this mixer - and although the same
4-digit part number was often suggested, it was always by a different maker.

** Horse poo.

Thank you all for your replies - I was not trying to raise any controversy,
just ask a simple question.

** That was no simple question - **** head.

The 5023 op-amp is an RF type that has no place being used in an audio
mixer.

So far, I have gotten a 'might' and a 'possible'.

** Really?

How surprising !!!

You supplied us NO info on what purpose the op-amp was being used for or
even what Sony desk it was.

I see age has not made you any wiser, Peter.

You are still the same **** head you always were.

.... Phil