Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Op-Amp Substitution

On Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:23:08 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Odd Question. I am repairing a Sony mixer for a friend and it has a bad JRC 5023 op amp. It is dead-shorted - so I know it is bad. The rest of the board, diodes and transistors check OK.

Well, if it's really a single-unit op amp (eight pins, with output on pin #6), there's lots
of substitutions, including LM356, that might work.

JRC (Japan Radio Corp) usually uses NJMnnnn part numbers, and their
low-noise audio single op amp that's most likely is NJM5534 (which has already
been suggested). If there's a JRC5023 marking, it's possibly a house-numbered
part (in mass production, it's common to deliver chips with markings specific
to a customer).