Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:21:35 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Feb 24, 5:52 am, "Existential Angst" wrote:
Awl --

After a recent thread on the Volt, I'm really tryna justify the purchase
of
one, but bleeve, it's hard.
I figger my gas cost per year is $1600 or so, and payments for a Volt
would
proly be $6,000 year.... PLUS electricity costs.

Now, about those electricity costs.....

If you calculate the $ per mile of gas, you get something like this:
At $4/gal, with 30 mi/gal, it costs 13c/mi in fuel.

Now, how much does it cost to charge a battery?
Don't for a minute believe what your ripoff utility tells you about c
per
kWhr.... Do the math on your bill, divide the kWhr on the bill into what
you actually wrote on your check.

That isn't the correct way of doing the calculation. What
you want to find is the INCREMENTAL cost of charging a
car. That could be lower or higher than the rate with your
method. For example if you have a monthly fixed charge
of $25, you're paying that regardless of the car and it
should not be attributed to the car. And if you're
in an area where rates escalate if you exceed a certain
amount, then you're going to pay more for the car
charging than shown by your method.
================================================ ====

Absolutely. That's why I left the calc as it was.
Some places have, like, a 5c/kWhr rate, which quickly escalates to
50c/kWhr.
Iirc, CA goes up to pert near $1/kWhr.....!!!!

We all know you're a liar. Everyone got your message. You can stop
posting now.

So my calcs are likely, and were intended to be, a BEST CASE scenario for
electrics, given the tier structure of most utility rates. And draconian
tier structure in some, or mebbe most.

But you didn't use the incremental cost, so you didn't even accomplish
that. IOW, more lies.

You don't need incremental cost per se.... too complicated to explain to
you, since you can't even follow a post.
I'm so dumb, you're so smart, yet you can't follow my calcs enough to point
out the """lies""".
Why is that?
Don't you have some family members you can abuse and berate?
--
EA

snipped impossible to follow posting technique