Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Source for 2.5mm Right Angle TRRS 4 Pole Plugs

For low voltage mini cables I'm using rounded, small pieces of sheet plastic
with hot melt glue sandwiched together to form a sealed junction block of
sorts.
An inline flat oval shape rarely snags on anything and reinforces the the
cable strength.

A box-like cover can be constructed with 3 shaped pieces of flat plastic,
and carving out a hole and cable entry/exits in the center layer (rotary
tool, Dremel, mini mill or engraving machine).
When glued together the sections form a durable, sealed cover for the
junction. Shielding could be fairly easily included if needed.

Epoxy putty can be used, the kind that comes as a 2-part log, which a slice
is removed and mashed/kneaded/mixed until it's a uniform color, then shaped
around the junction. These epoxy products have a typical set-up time of 5
minutes although some are quicker.

--
Cheers,
WB

wrote in message ...

When I have made splitter or adapter cables like this in the past, I
have used a 35 mm film canister as the "lump" in the middle where one
cable breaks into several. This gives plenty of room for splicing.

These days I am a little bit better at soldering, plus I don't know
where to get 35 mm film canisters anymore, so I would probably use
something smaller.

Matt Roberds