Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Second Ammendment Question

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:42:05 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 2/23/2013 7:32 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:21:37 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:11:24 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 02:31:03 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:44:25 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:02:09 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Nobody I know was asked!

And nobody I know voted for Romney. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

So you deny knowing a lot of the people on this news group?

I know Iggy. I've never met any of the rest of you. God only knows who
you are.

Sometimes I imagine all of the gun nutz in drag, smoking hash in a
bong and shooting flies off the ceiling with their .44 Blackhawks. It
comforts me, and makes some sense of many of the remarks we hear on
this NG...

What comforts you..the "in drag" or the dope smoking parts?

It comforts me to see the reasons behind some of your remarks. It's
less dissonant that way. d8-)

So the "In Drag" AND "dope smoking" parts are comforting to you.

They seem consistent with the quality of right-wing thinking: a little
weird, possibly influenced by mind-altering chemicals, and
trigger-happy.

"birds of a feather" and all that...right?

I don't know. Do you fly with them?

VBG

It fascinates me to read an Eastern RINO posting on guns. You do know
that you are very much of a freak compared to the rest of the
nation...right? No slur intended..but East Coasters are a bit "off"
compared to the normal people.

Let's look at the Fox News poll again and see who is the freak. Or is
Fox News too left-wing for you?

FOX News poll: Gun Rights and Gun Control, interviews Jan. 15 - 17,
2013:

Do you favor or oppose each of the following proposals to reduce gun
violence?

Requiring criminal background checks on all gun buyers, including
those buying at gun shows and private sales

Favor 91%
Oppose 8
Don't know 1

Requiring mental health checks on all gun buyers

Favor 83%
Oppose 15
Don't know 2

Requiring criminal background checks on anyone buying bullets and
ammunition

Favor 80%
Oppose 19
Don't know 1

Banning high-capacity ammunition clips that can shoot dozens of
bullets without stopping to reload

Favor 58%
Oppose 38
Don't know 6

Banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons

Favor 52%
Oppose 43
Don't know 5

Allowing teachers and school officials to carry guns on school grounds

Favor 42%
Oppose 52
Don't know 6

Does anyone in your household own a gun?

Yes 52%
No 44
No answer 5

Gunner, you and the gun nutz blow smoke up each other's butts, talk
back and forth in little echo chambers, and think you're right in the
middle of public opinion. But you're really freaks out on the fringe.

I've told you this for years but you refuse to believe. Now, if you
look at the real center of public opinion, you'll see how far off base
you are.

And now you even have it from FOX News, fer chrissake -- the official
source of all that is good and pure in the little world of right-wing
oddballs. g

Are you catching on? Do you see how ABnormal your views are?

Maybe not. You are pretty immune to facts. But it doesn't matter much.
Public opinion, and normalcy, will get along with out you. The numbers
are becoming overwhelming.

Funny how NONE of the right-wing gun nuts are responsible for any of the
public massacres...it always seems to be leftists and crazies. If Ed
were correct in his thinking, there would be a right-wing gun nut
shooting up a mall every day...rather than over a million CCW holders
stopping a crime every year.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_c..._by_gun_owners

And what makes you think those are CCW holders? Have you seen the
analyses of Kleck's fantastical numbers?

This could go on. Let's not. The number is nutz -- it's self-reported
and it claims more rapes were prevented by women with guns than the
total number of rapes reported. There aren't but a miniscule fraction
of those women who carry handguns. And other nonsense.

--
Ed Huntress